Passport is an accredited product to support self-study computer-based e-learning for the Better Business Cases framework. BBC has been developed jointly by HM Treasury and the Welsh Government and is based on the HM Treasury ‘Green Book Guidance on Public Sector Business Cases Using the Five Case Model’.
The course is relevant to those responsible for developing and producing “spending proposals” or their assessment and approval; in particular:
• Accounting Officers – responsible for delivering public value;
• Senior Responsible Owners (SROs), Programme Directors and Project Managers – responsible for successful delivery;
• Directors of Finance, procurement and planning – responsible for the forward planning and prioritisation of spending proposals;
• Members of approvals and management boards – with responsibility for scrutinising or approving
• Consultants responsible for supporting the public sector;
• Supply Chain Members – responsible for delivering into the public sector
• 2 modules with 48 byte-size associated interactive and video presented lessons grouped into 7 sessions.
• Notes to support each lesson and references to the BBC Course Manual
• Online support, forums and progress reports
• BBC Foundation Exam Simulation
• Use of the Five Case Model and selection of the appropriate Case Model
Foundation: 40 minutes, closed book, 50 multiple choice questions.
Pass mark 50%
The purpose of the foundation certification is to confirm that you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the guidance to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a team to develop a business case using the Five Case Model.
Passing this exam will give you an internationally recognised professional qualification.
LogiKal Training applies the following policy in assessing eligibility for credits, refunds and participant substitutions
In the event of a training course being cancelled by LogiKal, you will be issued in full a refund of all fees paid in respect of that course.
Non-attendance of a course or any part of a course, once a participant has enrolled will not warrant a refund or credit
If cancellation of attendance to a training course is less than 14 days prior to the commencement of that course, no refund will be given in respect to that course. However, participant substitution is allowed provided LogiKal Training is advised in writing of the substitution prior to the commencement of that course. The substituted participant must complete a course enrolment registration form prior to attending the course.
If cancellation of attendance to a training course is more than 14 days prior to the commencement of that course, then a refund of 50% of course fees may be granted subject to the completion of a Refund/Credit Application form.
In the event of a participant being unable to complete a course they have commenced, due to sickness or personal crisis,that participant may attend the course again free of charge subject to availability. In this instance he must complete a Credit/Refund Application Form and attach relevant documentary evidence.
In the event of a participant being unable to commence a course due to sickness or personal crisis, consideration will be given to a refund or credit. In this instance he must complete a Credit/Refund Application Form and attach relevant documentary evidence. The credit or refund will be subject to an administration fee of not less than 20%.
Note: Consideration for any credit or refund of fees is at the absolute discretion of the Company Directors.
Under no circumstances will LogiKal Training accept any responsibility, financial or otherwise, for changes in personal circumstances or work commitments which may occur after enrolment on a course.